Termite Control in Lawrence
Protecting Your Home & Business from Structural Damage
Termites evolved from wood-eating roaches over 200 million years ago. In the African Savannah, termites recycle 1/3 to ½ of all the carbon available. They are the best recyclers on the planet. Termites eat cellulose, and in your house, that means wood, wood framing, siding, and sheetrock. Essentially, termites can eat through the majority of your structure and you definitely don’t want termites to recycle your house.
The two main types of termite treatments for existing homes are traditional liquid barriers (drilling, trenching, rodding) and termite baiting systems (bait stations filled with a bait matrix cartridge which is implanted in the ground). Haley Pest Control offers both treatments and can customize them to fit your property.
What are the Most Common Signs of Termites?
It can be tricky to know if you have a termite problem since most of the damage tends to happen inside the walls. Short of a professional inspection, it's hard to know for sure, but some key signs to look out for include:
- Termites: The easiest and most obvious way to tell that you might be dealing with an infestation is if you see winged termites swarming around windows, doors, vents, or light fixtures.
- Mud tubes: These tubes have a muddy, flattened appearance and are about as wide as a drinking straw. You can find them behind siding, on chimneys, pipes, beneath flooring, and around baseboards. In some cases, they may also extend over concrete foundations or other exposed surfaces.
- Hollow wood: A simple test you can try on your own is tapping the wood along windowsills, walls, and baseboards to check for hollow sounds. In extreme cases, the light tapping may be enough to break the wood's surface.
Termidor® is made from a revolutionary new non-repellent liquid termiticide. Termites cannot see, smell, taste, or avoid Termidor®. Instead, they share it with others in their colony by touching or ingesting it. This is in sharp contrast to older liquid termite controls which typically rely on repellent barriers that termites can find, break in, or avoid completely.
Termites who contact Termidor® transfer it to every other termite they come in contact with. The “Transfer Effect™” of Termidor® is engineered to be slow-acting so that termites have plenty of time to spread it throughout the entire colony. For more information, click here.
Other benefits of Termidor® include:
- It is America’s number 1 termite defense with over 2 million homes treated since 2000
- It kills by ingestion, contact, and the “Transfer Effect™,” meaning affected insects help spread it throughout the colony before they die
- It controls colonies up to six times faster than bait systems
- It is the most effective termiticide with over 10 years of test data to prove it is the most effective and fastest at eliminating termite populations
- It is a responsible, low-dose treatment with no odor
- It has no effect on soil microorganisms, earthworms, or plants
Advance Termite Bait System
The Advance Termite Bait System is proven to eliminate termite colonies around your home. It is the most environmentally friendly way to rid your house of termites. It offers the latest advancement in termite baiting technology via a dual-stage process that features an ultra-low disturbance design to pattern termites’ natural feeding behavior, leading to enhanced colony elimination. This allows for long-term protection for your biggest investment—your home. Click here for more information. Our Lawrence Termite Control services will make sure that you have the proper knowledge to choose which service is best for you.
Other benefits of the Advance Termite Bait system include:
- It is nondisruptive and environmentally responsible
- Our Lawrence termite control experts can install and monitor the exterior stations without even entering your home
- It doesn’t require any drilling to your floors or foundation
- It results in limited disturbances to landscaping
- It uses termite bait only when and where termites and present to eliminate the colony
Why Choose a Baiting System Over Liquid Chemicals
Although liquid chemicals are generally more effective than baiting systems, they do necessitate that we dig trenches and treat the soil around and under your home with hundreds of gallons of diluted chemicals. This also means that additional liquid chemical may be injected through floors, porches, and patios. Baiting systems are less disruptive to your property and contain less toxic ingredients.
Our Termite Control Warranties
With our Lawrence termite control, our guarantee is to get the job done right. This is why we offer warranties that are renewable and 100% transferrable.
New Pre-Construction Termite Treatments (Pretreats) Warranties
We offer pre-treats for new construction for both residential and commercial structures to guard against termite attack. These come with transferrable and extendable 5-year no-fee warranties.
Is It an Ant or Is It a Termite?
Ants and termites look a lot alike, which is why it is important to know how to tell the difference between the two. Ants and termites are both black, have wings, and have the ability to fly, often in vast numbers. To tell the difference, it’s important to look at the wings and abdomens of both. Termite swarmers have four delicate wings that are the same size and are rounded at the end. They also have two segments: a head and a long body, but no waistline.
Ants, on the other hand, have a pinched-in abdomen and have three segments: the head, thorax, and abdomen.
Annual Termite Damage
Insurance homeowner policies underwrite damage caused by hail, fire, floods, tornados, or hurricanes. However, they will not cover damage (estimated at two to three billion dollars annually) caused by another force of nature, such as termites.
Termite Swarm Season
In Kansas and Missouri, the termite swarm season usually starts around the end of March with the peak time to swarm around April 15th. The first swarm of the season usually happens on a day after a thunderstorm when the humidity and the temperatures are high. With our Termite control in Lawrence, we will make sure that you receive the very best in termite control
Make sure your home and business are protected. Call our Lawrence termite control specialists at (785) 380-0871 to schedule service.